Historic Adventist Village will be closed Sabbath August 8, 2020.
It is with great sadness that I inform you that our much loved sister-in-Christ, Linda Ritzenthaler, passed away in her sleep yesterday. Linda loved Jesus, her family and missions. A member of the Kalamazoo Seventh-day Adventist Church, Linda was a teacher at Kalamazoo Jr. Academy for many years. She also served as church clerk. Linda volunteered at the Historic Adventist Village and in Pathfinders. She and her husband, Bob, traveled the world serving Christ on various mission trips to India, the Amazon, and Africa, just to name a few. She was a dear friend...and I will miss her.
Please keep Bob in prayer during this difficult time. We love you Bob. You were married to an AMAZING woman...and we look forward to Jesus' soon return and that great "Gettin' Up Morning!"
Linda Ritzenthaler's funeral will be held
Saturday Aug. 8th.
Visitation: 1 - 3 pm Baxter Funeral & Cremation Services, 375 W Dickman Rd, Battle Creek, MI 49037.
Graveside Service: 3:30 pm Oak Hill Cemetery, 255 South Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49014
New Policy Guidelines
- Please Preregister by booking online 24 hour prior to the date and time you would like for your tour.
- Week day tours 10 a.m., 12:30 p.m., or 3 p.m.
- Sabbath afternoon tours at 2:00, 2:15, 2:30,
- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg Discovery Center will remain closed until further notice.
- Heritage Shoppe/Gift Store will be open Sunday – Friday.
- Tour groups can be up to 10 guests to accommodate social distancing.
- Temperatures will be taken before tour begins.
- Use face covering when entering buildings.
- Due to staff reductions, the only restroom is in the Welcome Center. Carriage House restrooms will remain closed until further notice.
- Drinking fountains are closed, however bottled water is available for $1.00 a bottle Sunday – Friday
Thank you for your cooperation with us in this difficult time.
Don & Betty Scherencel
Historic Adventist Village
GPS 480 W. Van Buren
Battle Creek, MI 49037
“The Adventist Heritage Village is one of the Seventh-day Adventist Church’s most valuable hidden treasures. Although I have visited the Village on a number of occasions, I always leave inspired by the amazing providence of God in raising up the Advent Movement. The stories of the sacrifice and commitment of our early Adventist pioneers lift my spirits and encourage my heart. They provide insight into our past history, lessons for our current challenges and hope for the future. If you have never been to the Adventist Historic Village you will want to plan to visit as soon as possible and if you have already been to the Village, there is something new waiting for you as you visit this inspirational site again. I recommend it highly and will drop by any time I am in the area because this treasure is too good to hide any longer.” Mark Finley
480 W Van Buren St
Battle Creek, MI 49037